From 16/04/2018 to the present, the Director and Legal Representative is Father Francesco Rossi.
So that there is always an active presence of a friar who can, for his title, coordinate both
the administration and the spiritual life, Father Francesco has appointed Father Biju James as his collaborator and
deputy director of the Foundation.
Continuing the work begun by Father Giampiero, we are working to give life to an everlasting
deeper infrastructural modernization through a radical redevelopment of the
The Sorriso Francescano operates in the Ligurian territory with its historic locations in Genoa and La Spezia.
In Coronata, in the renovated Mother House of the Sorriso Francescano, Villa Piuma, there are:
- The Aggregation Center, il Sentiero, which is open to more than 20 children from the neighborhood and
is proposed as a reference point for the families of the
- The community with a day cycle for social and health integration, Cielo e Sassi, that hosts
10 minors from multi-problem groups, on behalf of the Social Services, and
works with families to implement parenting resources and prevent
the removal and institutionalization of children.
- The welfare educational community, Le Coccinelle, which hosts in residential form
12 boys and girls between 6 and 18 years, expelled from their families for serious reasons
existential and social problems of the same.
Two Parent-Child Community Modules are currently in operation in La Spezia, on which
operates a socio-psycho-educational team made up of 16 units of employees, under the
Direction entrusted to Father Biju James.
- Community module that operates at medium intensity to accommodate up to 4 nuclei,
develops work mainly in the observation and support of skills
parenting, in initiating and accompanying autonomy paths, including work,
in educational and psychological support and in the psychophysical protection of the minor.
- The high intensity module accommodates up to 8 nuclei including underage mothers, has
it has undergone a transformation in recent years due to the fact that you have tried to respond
effectively both to the needs of the people inserted in the structure and to the requests from
part of the relevant social services.